WHUR Web Design Intern (FALL 2012)
INTERNSHIP OBJECTIVE :
- WHUR 96.3 looking for a student intern to join them this Fall 2012, who is passionate about web design, content creation and web production. Are you the kind of person who not only follows what’s happening in web design, but also understands the fundamental principles of design? You’re equal parts designer and visual communicator.
Contact: Ms. Fransis Young at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to apply. No phone calls please.
STATUS: CREDIT ONLY/Part-time/Temporary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Help with the designing and maintaining of pages for the WHUR site.
- Work closely with lead designer providing design and development support on on-going projects. This might include such tasks as image editing, promotional/feature-graphic production, code updating, or performing QA (quality assurance) on beta pages.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Skilled, savvy and versatile in Photoshop and Illustrator. Able to explain the differences between graphics for the web versus print.
- Familiarity with Flash and Timeline design. (Basic ActionScript coding a plus.)
- Know what “cross-browser compatibility” means, why it’s important, and how to command it.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and positive attitude.
- Must have completed at least one year of college, and must be currently enrolled in school (undergraduate or graduate).
- Preferred Design major with an eye for typography and skills in digital media design.