INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: Public Art Collection Survey Intern
The Public Art Trust of the AHCMC seeks a talented and motivated undergraduate or graduate student to assist in Montgomery County’s management of its Works on Paper Collection beginning in the Spring 2012 semester. Under the direction of the AHCMC’s Works on Paper Contractor, the intern will create artist and object research files.
This is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in a career in public art, historic preservation, museums, and arts administration.
This is a 5-10 hour/week internship (hours flexible). Credit or non-credit options are available.
The Works on Paper Intern will:
- Familiarize him/herself with the 550+ works in the collection by accompanying the Works on Paper contractor to locations throughout the County where they are on display or stored and by looking at digital images. Intern will participate in the cataloguing/inventorying process.
- Research and compile biographical information about the artists in the collection.
- Research and compile historical information about the works in the collection.
- Contribute to the AHCMC blog.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of either studio art (especially printmaking), contemporary art, public art
- Excellent organizational, communication, research and computer skills
- Ability to work independently and with the Works on Paper Contractor
- Good observation and analytical skills
- Passion for public art and arts management
To apply, email a statement of interest, two references, and a resume to Ms. Crystal Polis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
801 Ellsworth Drive
Silver Spring, MD 20910