For admission to the B.F.A. degree program, applicants who plan on majoring in Studio Arts must submit a portfolio of artwork to the Department of Art through the department’s Slideroom.com portfolio submission portal (http://huart.slideroom.com).
A portfolio of 12-15 digital images and videos of original creative works (with no more than 2-3 views of any one work), must be prepared and presented via the Slideroom.com portfolio submission portal (URL’s are also acceptable if the work is presented online in quality form). Each image must be clearly labeled with the title of the work, materials or media of creation, size, and date of creation.
These original creative works must be prepared according to the guidelines:
- Static Two-Dimensional imagery: JPEG or PNG Formats are acceptable;
- Three-Dimension Pieces (i.e. sculpture, ceramics, fashion, 3D modeling): JPEG Format including 2-3 views of the work OR video presentation including revolving views of the work;
- Motion graphics and video: MP4, Mv4, FLV and AVI Formats, links to YouTube and Vimeo portfolio pages are acceptable for motion graphics and video;
- Size of digital images: no less than 800 x 600 ppi (pixels per inch);
- Please include with each artwork submission in your presentation:
- Title of the Work
- Materials or Media used to created the work
- Size of actual piece of work represented by the digital images. Size of work should be relative to the media with which it was created (for traditional media, use inches; for static digital media, use pixel dimensions; and for motion graphics and video use pixel dimensions and time in minutes and seconds)
- Date of creation
- Written Statement of Purpose or Artist Statement: A copy must be submitted with the portfolio;
- Two References: A copy of each reference must be submitted with the portfolio;
- Physical portfolios are still being accepted, but online submissions are preferred.
Mail physical portfolios to:
Department of Art
Division of Fine Arts
College of Arts and Sciences
2455 Sixth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20059